Water is Health – Neel Ayurvedics
Benefits of water: –
1. It lubricates the joints
Cartilage, found in joints and the disks of the spine, contains around 80 percent water. Long-term dehydration can reduce the joints’ shock-absorbing ability, leading to joint pain.
2. It forms saliva and mucus
Saliva helps us digest our food and keeps the mouth, nose, and eyes moist. This prevents friction and damage. Drinking water also keeps the mouth clean. Consumed instead of sweetened beverages, it can also reduce tooth decay.
3. It delivers oxygen throughout the body
Blood is more than 90 percent water, and blood carries oxygen to different parts of the body.
4. It boosts skin health and beauty
With dehydration, the skin can become more vulnerable to skin disorders and premature wrinkling.
5. It cushions the brain, spinal cord, and other sensitive tissues
Dehydration can affect brain structure and function. It is also involved in the production of hormones and neurotransmitters. Prolonged dehydration can lead to problems with thinking and reasoning.
6. It regulates body temperature
Water that is stored in the middle layers of the skin comes to the skin’s surface as sweat when the body heats up. As it evaporates, it cools the body. In sport.
Some scientists have suggested that when there is too little water in the body, heat storage increases and the individual is less able to tolerate heat strain. Having a lot of water in the body may reduce physical strain if heat stress occurs during exercise. However, more research is needed for these effects.
7. It makes minerals and nutrients accessible These dissolve in water, which makes it possible for them to reach different parts of the body.
8. It prevents kidney damage The kidneys regulate fluid in the body. Insufficient water can lead to kidney stones and other problems.
9. It boosts performance during exercise Dehydration during exercise may hinder performance.
Some scientists have proposed that consuming more water might enhance performance during strenuous activity.
More research is needed to confirm this, but one review found that dehydration reduces performance in activities lasting longer than 30 minutes.
10. Weight loss Water may also help with weight loss if it is consumed instead of sweetened juices and sodas. “Preloading” with water before meals can help prevent overeating by creating a sense of fullness Water is Health.
11. It reduces the chance of a hangover When partying, unsweetened soda water with ice and lemon alternated with alcoholic drinks can help prevent overconsumption of alcohol.
Does More Water Help Prevent Health Problems Water is Health?
- Constipation: Increasing water intake can help to reduce constipation, which is a very common problem.
- Cancer: Some studies show that those who drink more water have a lower risk of bladder and colorectal cancer.
- Kidney stones: Increased water intake may decrease the risk of kidney stones.
- Acne and skin hydration: Water helps to keep the skin hydrated and reduces acne.
How much water you should drink in a Day Water is Health?